Monday, July 16, 2012

What is this for?

Hello Dear Friends and Family,


I have created this Blog as a means to keep you updated on the missions trip my father and I will be taking to Moldova this summer. I will try to keep you updated on the coming preparations as well as the events of the trip. I cannot promise what the internet availability will be like in the country, but I do promise to give any live updates I can, and I also promise to record and write about significant events after our return. The purpose will be to keep you informed and to present relevant prayer needs.


Currently, I am home visiting my family in Indiana, which means I missed the latest meeting with my teammates. However, that did not mean that preparations out here have been missed. My dad is spending 30 minutes to an hour everyday studying Russian using Rosetta Stone. I believe he has completed at least level 1 by now. It has been fun to hear him take various opportunities to practice any Russian words he can. Most recently, he showcased his knowledge of the word for "camel" (pronounced, "verblute"), which has now assimilated into my mind as part of my 5 word Russian vocabulary.


I have also been preparing, but not in the way of language. For that I will probably be forced to rely upon my father and the translators. My preparations have consisted of gathering materials for the camps we will be doing with the kids. This task has presented itself as a challenge for many reasons, the greatest being that we need to gather activities that clearly present the gospel, but don't require much language and are still fun and entertaining. Thus far, I have discovered a simple bracelet craft and several mime skits that could be performed by my team. However, there is still much work to be done to prepare adequately for this task.


Please pray that God would:


  • be giving our team a spirit of humility as we enter into and serve an unfamiliar culture
  • provide inspiration for meaningful and entertaining activities to do with the kids
  • bless my dad's language practice
  • continue to help raise financial support
  • fill us with His Spirit as our team works on preparing our testimonies to share at next week's training meeting
Thank you all!


Much Love,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment